GyroTracer - Available for sale
Second-hand goods for sale - Excellent working condition.
The GyroTracer™ instrument is a highly accurate, extremely reliable downhole directional survey and orientation tool. Comprising of the latest technology, the SPT system uses gyro compassing method to find direction.
As it is a North Seeking Gyro, all measurements are in reference to geographic north. Unlike other downhole survey or magnetic tools, the GyroTracer™ is not affected by magnetic interference.
It can be run inside casing, tubing, drill pipe and magnetically disturbed ground. This 42mm diameter, easy to use system can be run in a variety of applications from shallow borehole to deep borehole surveying, single shot/multi shot, slim hole casing, orientation, whip stock kickoff and downhole motor orientation. Operating software to run the SPT instrument is extremely reliable and user friendly.
The GyroTracer™ package comes with both wireline and memory mode option. Wireline mode is run from an electric line cable transmitting real time data to the computer at the surface. Mono or multiple conductor cable can be used. Memory mode is fast and cost effcient as this is powered by battery supply and run on slick line.
Features and benefits
- Not affected by magnetic interference
- No field calibration or roll test required before each survey
- Collar azimuth not required. Only latitude of hole needs entered into the software program
- No sight alignment is required
- No drift. Each survey is independent and not in relation previous survey
- Can traverse in hole at up to 120m/min
- Package includes both wireline and memory mode
- Short length, light weight tool
- User friendly software
- Very accurate and reliable
- Built inside high grade titanium pressure barrel
- No other running gear required
- Possible to calibrate at customer facilities
- Rugged design
- Minimal downtime as all operating equipment and software very reliable
- All azimuth measurements are in reference to geographical
- Export all your survey data to Excel and other formats
- Gyrocompassing survey time of 55 seconds
- Azimuth accuracy of +/- 1.0° in inclination range from 1.0° - 70.0° (from vertical)
- Repeatability in azimuth +/- 0.5°
- Inclination accuracy of +/- 0.1°
- Gravity toolface accuracy of +/- 0.1°
- Gyroscopic toolface accuracy of +/- 1.0° in inclination range from 0.0° - 1.0° (from vertical)
- Temperature rating : - 30°C to +100°C (-22°F to +212°F)
- Pressure rating: 103Mpa (15.000psi)
- Dynamically tuned multi-axis close loop gyroscope
- Quartz technology accelerometers
- OD 42 mm (1.65”)
- Length 2300 mm (90,55”)
- 2000 mm (78,74”) – Memory mode
- Weight 15 kg (33,07 lb)